Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Craft Country Part Two.

Phew! Got a bit distracted by the wee sale I had/am having over on my Facebook page. It has been crazy bananas over here, packing orders and sending invoices etc. I'm loving it though, and very so blessed to have so many people interested in what I'm doing! Think I might need to host a few more of these sales.

Anywho, the market was pretty much full of amazing crafters. I didn't get a chance to speak to everyone, or even photograph all the stalls I loved, but I did snap a few.


Directly across from me, was the lovely Michelle from Leaf. She makes very, very cute clothing, accessories and toys from natural materials (organic cotton. merino, leather..). I didn't manage a chance to nosy through her rack, but I did snaffle up a very smart, dusky pink sunhat for Mollie.



Emma from Emmamakes was pretty much the main motivation for me going to the market. It might be a little stalkerish, but Emma is one of my biggest craft heroes. This woman comes up with the most brilliant ideas, manages time like nobodies business and makes a CRAZY amount of stuff. I aim to be more like her!
Craftiness aside, Emma is also a very cool person. She has the most fabulous, dry, sense of humour. She says it like it is, and I like that in a person. Mhmm. Quite fond of Emma, can you tell?





Also very fond of Emma's kittens. We had ourselves a wee swap, and Mollie got to take home the cutest purple kitten. She's quite taken with it.


You might have already spotted her in the photo above, but another person I was really stoked to meet was Rebekah from Bliss in a teacup.
We've had a bit to do with each other online (as you do..) and it was so nice to have a wee chat in the flesh. Rebekah even came bearing soy sweetened condensed milk! Amazing!
I didn't get much of a chance to have a really good look around their stall, but I do have my eye on one of their fabulous wooden rings (and I think Abraham has his eye on one too..) might need to treat myself in the New Year.


Another stall I only looked at briefly, and didn't get a chance to buy from - Millicent Crow. These prints were even more amazing in the flesh than they look online. I've been oogling these on the net for awhile now, wish I had snapped up one of the prints of the chocolate box lady!



I was so, so pleased when I saw that Hikkepik was going to be at the market. Pleased, and incredibly nervous. Hikkepik is, without a doubt, my favourite childrens label. If I had my way, Mollie would be head to toe in Joke's amazing gears. My felt wishlist is always full of her items, and I'm so pleased that I'm starting to be able to purchase some of them.


(Picture taken from Hikkepik Felt shop as it doesn't do it justice on a hanger!)
Joke and I did a bit of a swap too - I got the most beautiful wool coat, that I've been eyeing up for ages. Oh it's so good, I can hardly wait until Mollie can fit it.

The other notable person I met, was Mike from Dusty&lulu.
Holy schmoley, what a cool business they are running. I discovered them when the seller list came out for the market, and promptly went and checked out their website - so good.
The brilliant idea I mentioned in my last post, belongs to them.


On their site, they  have a page called 'Swapsies'.
On it, as you might be able to imagine, you can swap your craftwork, for other craftwork that is offered up.
An artist, or crafter, submits a run of 3 or more of an item they have made, and you can submit your offer of a swap. If they accept - it's a done deal! How cool is that?
I have big plans in the New Year of getting my swap on. You should too!

1 comment:

  1. YOu've been to my old stomping ground! Born and raised in Greytown! Until we moved to the big smoke of hamil-vegas of course...

    Looks like a whole lot of crafty love. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete