Sunday, October 14, 2012









All this Spring weather we've been having has me thinking about my garden.
At the moment, my garden is a magical combination of over-grown, and yet completely bare - at exactly the same time. I'm not sure how that is even possible, but I swear it is.

We went to visit my Mother-in-law and her partner this week. I had to take my sewing machine over to be fixed, and so Abraham took some time off and we made a day of it. It was so lovely.
I spent quite a bit of time wandering around their garden with my camera. I absolutely adore spending time in their back yard, it is the most amazingly lush space.
Chris has built half a dozen beds, that are now filled to the brim with vege plants. They have yet more growing in tubs, bags and in the ground itself. Everything is edible and it feels almost like a 'you name it, they have it' sort of situation. The centre of the garden is a huge chook run, and Chris has also built the cutest wee potting shed. There are little retro touches throughout; a  hand basin, little statuettes, and kitchenware.
I think it might be one of the most inspiring gardens I've ever set foot in, because I've come home with big dreams of better utilising our space. .

2 comments:

  1. Thats a garden to make anyone jealous! Love it! Ours is swatched in green netting to keep cat out, so ugly and hard to reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that garden is incredibly inspiring! Makes me excited about the possibilities with my own little space :)

    ReplyDelete