Monday, February 13, 2012

Two weekends.

We've had the pleasure of getting away for both of the last two weekends. Not something that happens often for us!

 



The weekend before last, we went camping. I find it hard not to type that without a huge row of exclamation marks behind it because, you see, I'm not really the camping type.
This was the first time I have camped since my early teens, and I had not even ever considered buying a tent until the week beforehand! Maybe I can blame the hormones, but I had a huge change of heart after visiting my parents over at the Ohiwa camp ground the week before that. The boys LOVE that place, and I knew they would adore it even more in a tent!
We went over with my parents, in their campervan, so we would have everything we needed at hand (turns out camping gear is expensive - definitely something to build up over time!) and also a few extra hands for the boys.







After a bit of a rough first night (children who refuse to sleep, and an airbed that was not quite firm enough..) we were well into the swing of things. We had a wonderful time down at the beach, in the harbour, on the go kart/bike things and just generally hanging out. We dined on bbq food, Summer fruits and delicious Abraham-baked cookies. Pretty neat.


 
As if that weekend wasn't cool enough, I planned a surprise trip away for Abraham and I this past Saturday night.
We have the anniversary of us meeting coming up (11 years! woah!) and Valentines day in the horizon, but I also figured that it would be the last chance for us to get away for a night before becoming parents of three (we have a busy, busy March planned..).
We're a bit low on funds at the moment, so it couldn't be anything toooo fancy-pants, but I found us a decent hotel room and planned a weekend of delicious food and delicious quiet-child-free-ness.



We were stoked to find that our room overlooked some bubbling mud pools, and even more stoked when all of our meals were absolutely devine. There's nothing worse than spending money on food that isn't 100% devine.





We ate lunch at Burger Fuel, dinner at Lone Star and breakfast at the famous Fat Dog. We also watched a lot of crappy T.V (a novelty when you don't have T.V at home!), lay around and chatted, drove around the city during a huge powercut (good-bye plans to go to the movies!) and generally enjoyed the peace.

Hoping next weekend will be a quite weekend at home, organising baby things, before March begins and we're full booked until baby-time!

3 comments:

  1. You are looking lovely! Enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant (well still a bit to go...).
    Oh yeah - Can't remember if I told you I gave you an award on my blog a few weeks back...?

    bxx Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, that makes me want to plan a weekend away with MY husband! Also, tell me about going camping for just a weekend - was it long enough? We bought a new tent before summer began, intending to go camping, but then the weather was crappy and we never went. Now hubby is back at school (teaching) so we don't have that time. But I like the sound of a weekend! Was it worth putting up the tent etc only for 2 nights?

    PS: Thanks for following me! Will try to make it worth your while! :)

    ReplyDelete