Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Frugal Fashion Friday - four days late, or three early?



I don't often find gems on TradeMe, not clothing ones anyway. All of the vintage dresses that I like seem to be sought after by the rest of the country too.
This one, however, no one else bid on! (Whaaaat? Are they crazy?) I almost started to wonder if everyone else saw something different than I did. But then it arrived and it is perfect. It's original 50's vintage, perfect condition and even fits wonderfully too (with plenty of room for the ever-expanding front!). Safe to say, I am over-the-moon.

I've had a wee bit of luck lately with finding dresses at the op shops, too. Maybe I'll have to have a wee virtual fashion show when they're washed and ready to go?

Vintage dress - TradeMe $15
Sunnies - Le Spec (from glasses shop at Bayfair) - $20
Belt - Borrowed/stolen from a friend.
Flats - The Warehouse $12

3 comments:

  1. love the print on the dress and yes, please show us your other finds too?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is GORGEOUS! love the colours. (and you're still wearing a belt??!! where IS that bebe hiding!)
    and like K said, 2 thumbs up for a fashion show!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! yes to the fashion show please!!

    ReplyDelete