Friday, October 7, 2011

A quilt for the medium-sized one.


I've been meaning to make Otto a quilt for awhile now. Just like Aesop's, I had hoped it would be ready in time for him to go into his 'big boy bed'. Just like Aesop's, I'm rather late.
But better late than never, right?




I wanted to do something a little different than the other quilts I've made, which have either been patchwork squares, or string styles. But I also didn't want to do anything too tricky, because I knew I'd lose interest half way through (like I did with the first attempt at Otto's quilt - log cabin blocks.)
So, half 'n' half squares it was. It shows off the fabrics nicely ( I used a lot of my absolute fave prints) while not appearing too busy, I think.
Pretty stoked.




It is safe to say that it has passed the most important test - Otto was well impressed.
It is perfect for jumping on.


(And yes, two posts in one day - woah-zers Moses.
I never thought I would say it, but I'm going to be so busy watching the rugby this weekend, that I might not find time to post. I know. Mad, aye? C'mooooon Wales and AB's!)

4 comments:

  1. oooh, love it!! i really like the grey contrast. chills it out totally. the perfect 'chill-out' colour choice.
    noice as bro.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh!! Amaaaaaaazing! And you made that while you were feeling yuk... You - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool, who cares how late it is when it's this cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking awesome. I am wanting to make something for my girl like this. I have been looking for the perfect mix of plains and prints, and I think you've found it! I may have to, ahem, use this as a little inspiration, if I may!
    x

    ReplyDelete