Friday, January 8, 2010

A week of firsts.




Isn't it incredible how babies, and even children, seem to be constantly doing things for the very first time? Yet as adults we're lucky if we do something completely new in a week, or even a month (and for some people I'm sure it's more like a year..). I'm not even sure the last time I did something truly new and it's not helped by the fact that, more often than not, we hardly celebrate the new things we do try!
In the past week Otto has been to swimming for the first time in his life, he had his first day at playcentre, managed to push his way forwards (rather than his usual backwards motion!), eaten breakfast as well as dinner, had a drink of water when up until now he has only had milk, sat unassisted and, to my absolute delight, looked at me and said 'mmmama!' for the very first time (perhaps not on purpose, but hey, who am I to judge intentions?)
So many firsts in just one short week. And they'll keep on coming too.
I'm going to try to slow down a bit for the next week and try to see how many 'firsts' I can manage. I'm thinking I might buy my first ever bottle of foundation, have my first ever skype conversation, take the car for a service for the first time, and who knows, it might even, finally, be time to try a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment